4.20.2007

Kermit's Empire of Dirt

My latest issue of Rolling Stone arrived today and of course I turned to the first section to which I always do - the new releases. The cover story is the new Nine Inch Nails album (!!!) (Year Zero) and the first paragraph of the review pays literary homage to a video that hit YouTube not too long ago - Sad Kermit singing Reznor's anthem Hurt from Pretty Hate Machine. Several folks have covered this tune; but my personal favorite is Johnny Cash. He recorded it shortly after his wife, June Carter Cash, past away and takes the song to a deeper place than even Reznor was capable. RIP Johnny.

However, a new twist has been taken by the king Muppet himself and let's just say that this ain't for the short set. My apologies to the late, great Mr. Jim Henson (whom we lost much too soon) who is no doubt spinning ever so slightly in his grave; but this really is a work of creative genius. So, go ahead and click below to view. Then, if the guilt you feel is just a bit overwhelming (as it was for me), click for therapy and sing along. It'll bring a smile to your face - promise.

Sad Kermit
Therapy :)

No comments: