9.11.2006

For my friends who ran from Lower Manhattan that day as I watched in horror on a small television screen in Wisconsin. For my friends who phoned me in panic telling me that they couldn't contact their loved ones and that the east coast phone lines were so jammed that I was one of the few people with whom they could connect. For the thousands who perished, and for the thousands more that still suffer to this day. And finally, for the countless numbers of NYC's finest who did what they were born to do only to find that it was too late, know that we will NEVER forget...

1 comment:

Christine said...

I was at work in DC talking on the phone to a guy from the VA and he asked me if I knew what what happening in NYC, to turn on the TV. Then Pentagon happened. Every so often I have to go to the Pentagon for work and am awestruck at how they have rebuilt and recovered structurally. All the while knowing the lives that were taken there are forever gone.