9.17.2006

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this time of year. The weather is starting to cool down, the trees will soon begin to change over into their beautiful fall splendor, and in a couple of weeks, pumpkin patches will be open for business. But most importantly, I am fully in my tom boy glory surrounded by sports heaven!

Football is up and running at full speed and I couldn't be happier. Pro, college, whatever - I'll watch. My Giants are off to a 1-1 start with their OT win over the Eagles today (!), but sadly, the Packers are at an 0-2 start (Brett, dude, I'm not going to say it, but you know where I'm coming from). In other good news, my college boys are doing well thus far with Penn Sate at 2-1 and Wisconsin sitting pretty at 3-0 (Go Bucky!!).

Not only has football begun, but baseball is entering the most exciting time of their season with October just right around the corner. Hooray for weeknight prime time ball games! My Yankees (please, no griping - I've been a fan since I'm 2 1/2) are in prime position to take the AL East, but I have this feeling that the playoffs are going to be a bit tough this year. Oh well, I'll still love Jeter no matter the outcome. And with the preseaon started in the NHL, I'm gearing up to start pounding on the glass from the blue line...

No comments: