1.03.2008

The Return Of NRT

So I totally admit that I've been slacking when it comes to ye olde blog. Especially when it comes to one of the reasons that I initially started it up in the first place - to expose readers to music. Thus, one of my resolutions this year is to do a better job with the music exposure and to bring back the weekly post of NRT (New Release Thursday for those who may have forgotten). Also, I am going to attempt to use NRT to expose brand new or under-exposed artists. And with that, let's get back to the music, shall we?

The first NRT of this new year brings you probably the best rock band you've never heard: Tenpenny Joke. Five amazingly talented guys from Down Under; the band is influenced by the likes of Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Black Sabbath. On first impression, they may come across as five average guys in yet another cookie-cutter alternative band; but they are anything but average. Lead singer Anthony Casey conveys such deep emotion with his voice that he draws listeners into each and every tune (many of which contain powerful, eye-opening lyrics) . While there, your ears are delighted with the amazing musicianship of guitarist (and sometimes vocalist) Brian Rimmer, drummer Jay Pinfield, guitarist Pete Coon, and bassist Jules Senserrick (what's not to like when they've got a guys named Jules?). Their sound is unlike anything I have ever heard and I was hooked the first time I heard the amazing
She. And if you like (and I'm certain that many of you will) please take a listen of other gems Black Satellite, Don't Go, Sense, and of course this week's ear candy link. Enjoy and then find their website and demand that they finish up that new record and get themselves state side pronto. I'm still trying to find a way to get my hands on a hard copy of the current album as it seems to only be available in Australia. Bah.

And with that, I will allow you to entertain your ears with the magical sounds of Tenpenny Joke. While you're at it, feel free to check out the new primate spot as well.

1 comment:

Vemrion said...

That "She" song is pretty catchy, LMMS! Great find. I'll have to send you a copy of our album when it's done.