7.20.2006

Happy FREAKING Thursday!

You ever have one of those weeks when you finally just reach a point where you say 'I could really give a shit."? Well, I'm at that point now. Falling into that comfortably numb state that I like to call apathy. I have officially run out of energy to care. Highlights from the week: The world is exploding; my GI doc thinks that yes, a colonoscopy would be a SPLENDID idea; OGL proclaims that god forbid we take cells from cells; I finally have the chance to enter the road to veterinary school but have to DEFER due to time, money and said rear-end troubles; and I have a stress test at the age of 31 because my bp is WAY up. Really? No kidding. Let the good times roll!!!!

But rather than that, let's discuss the picks for NRT. The primate this week is actually a relative of the mongoose! Check out the link for this lovely creature, and click
HERE to hear its call!

Now, on to this week's ear candy pick - the Smashing Pumpkins! And in particular, their album Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. I thought that after Tuesday I would be listening to harder rock, but what I was really seeking was angst riddled with bitterness. Seriously, who better than the Pumpkins? Corgan is one of the kings of angst. I initially had out Gish, then moved onto Rotten Apples (greatest hits comp.), but went with MCIS after I found myself listening to Zero on repeat. You'll find even more 'happiness' when you click on the 'ear candy' link.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Hmmm, your BP is up. Why am I not surprised? You missed a good time with me tonight! I hope the hose and camera combo won't be needed. That, however, sounds like a party to me! :)

Anonymous said...

You didn't by chance choose the Aye-aye for the long middle finger in hopes that it would flip people off for you, did you?

Things sound kind crappy. Feel free to give me a call this weekend, I have to go into work for a couple hours tomorrow and for a few more on Sunday (Biotron duty-whooooo!) but my evenings will probably be free. I have no life.

It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

Dwardisimo Rex said...

Well, it sounds like your week is about like mine. Only my big problems are with my car and not my plumbing. Sorry to hear about your woes. I hope things get leveled out for you.

By the way, ever since I've become aquainted with you (or whatever you call it) I've been hyper-aware of monkeys. It seems like the subject of simians has been coming up in conversations all around me. For instance, I had a meeting today with a prospective client who has a degree in primatology. Oddly enough, though, she's now a director of marketing. I'm not sure what the connection is. Whatever it is, it can't bode well for the general reputation of monkeys.

Anonymous said...

1. Did you have the colonscopy? Everything ok in the piping?

2. I hope you find a way to lower your BP.

3. What's this about having a chance for vet school and having to defer?

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»