7.02.2006

Restoring my faith in humanity

So as the blog evolves, so does my way of thinking. I was all set to sit down and type out my rant on how the drivers in the greater DC Metro area seem to have gotten their licenses from Cracker Jack boxes; but instead I found another post from my unknown, who will now be known as 'rex'. Anywho, it seems that 'rex' believed I was offended by his/her group's use of the word 'Monkeyshines' to describe yucky tasting beer and was kind enough to offer to remove the use of said word from the group's vocabulary. Just to clarify, I was not offended in any way - just disappointed that two things I appreciate so much were put together in a way I never thought possible. To be honest, I found your usage quite amusing - very clever in fact. Beer made of monkeys? HA! However, your gesture tells me that there are good people left on this Earth; and for that, I thank you. In honor of this greatness, I have placed several links to some of my favorite charities under the 'Improve your Karma!' heading in the sidebar. So have at it people! Let's try to make this world a better place.

And now for something completely different...
Still somewhat sad that England lost yesterday in World Cup play. Seems that 100 rounds of 'God Save the Queen' couldn't save the boys, but what a match! When it comes down to PKs you know you've seen something special. And way to go France! Seems that age and wisdom can conquer (this is of course if you consider 30 to be old!). An all European final? When was the last time we saw this?! 1982 to be exact (yes, I'm a sports geek). Personally, I'm a bit surprised (as is probably most of the South American continent) but am enjoying it nonetheless. I would LOVE to see a Germany/France final. But first, I will plan to sit on my keister for the Germany/Italy semi on Tuesday and route heavily for Deutschland! Log on for all the mayhem -
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/index.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've known each other 18 years, and I had no idea that you were a soccor fan!

Feel free to email me at ourika @ livejournal dot com if you're not sure who I am. I don't use the name you know me as online :-)